Not warned of hidden fees when being approved on Sears Card - Sears Card
Here is the SALESCHECK # 023085416850.
The cashier offered me a $15 discount, if I applied for a Sears Card. I asked if there were any fees for the card, and she said no. So I signed up.
Later that night, I looked over my receipt and it says that there is an annual fee of $59.00! So I went back to the Sears cashier the next day to ask what happened. A different person was there, and they couldn't explain why, so they gave me a number to call 800-917-7700. I called this number and they directed me to Sears Solutions Master Card 800-567-1196.
I called them, and they told me to take it up with National Customer Relations 800-549-4505. They couldn't help, so they directed me to Sears Credit Card Department 888-620-2309. They said that I had to take it up with HSBC Bank, which is the same place as Sears Solutions Master Card. 800-567-1196. So, I was back in full circle.
The operator at HSBC was getting really annoyed with me, saying it was my fault for signing the little electronic box, that says I agreed to paying the $59 annual fee. However, the cashier did not indicate to me that I was signing a credit card fee approval. I thought I was signing for the purchase!
Anyhow, I requested cancellation of the card and filed a complaint over the phone, at HSBC.
I'm sending this message as a record of complaint, that if Sears customer service personnel makes credit card offers, that they MUST make it clear to the customer that the card is affiliated with a bank, and that there may be fees applied by the bank, through credit approval. Customers MUST also be made aware of when they sign the electronic box, that it is for credit approval, and not item purchase.
Hopefully, this will save a lot of future hassle for Sears, there customers, and the credit card companies.
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More Sears reviews
- Sears.com I ordered a telescope...
- Sears, YOU SUCK! when it comes...
- I have a new Sears Washer Dryer....
- bought 500.00 washing machine...
- In the last nine years my...
- In May 2007. I purchased a new...
- SEARS SERVICE IS HORRIBLE.THE...
- Three years ago I purchased A...
- My wife is 9 months pregnant and...
- PROBLEM WITH SEARS KENMORE...
- I have bought all my appliances...
- Sears DOES NOT VALUE THEIR...
- I shopped from the online...
- In May 2007 my husband and I...
- i had to call sick at work to...
- We purchased a washer and dryer...
- legal zoom hidden fees very deceptive
- Monthly Fees much higher than others
- Hidden Fees
- hidden fees paying
- hidden charges
- Melt It off - RIP OFF!!!
- No hassle No hidden fees
- Hidden fees
- Sears rewards points program and mastercard fees
- Franklin, MA
- Sears Mastercard SCAM
- False price matching/liars
- USbank.com overdrafts.
- SEARS SCREWS OVER CUSTOMER
- Shipping vs My Time Is Valuable.
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you
4015 Capitola Road
Santa Cruz, California 95062-2049
Phone: (831) 462-8600