Not warned of hidden fees when being approved on Sears Card - Sears Card
Here is the SALESCHECK # 023085416850.
The cashier offered me a $15 discount, if I applied for a Sears Card. I asked if there were any fees for the card, and she said no. So I signed up.
Later that night, I looked over my receipt and it says that there is an annual fee of $59.00! So I went back to the Sears cashier the next day to ask what happened. A different person was there, and they couldn't explain why, so they gave me a number to call 800-917-7700. I called this number and they directed me to Sears Solutions Master Card 800-567-1196.
I called them, and they told me to take it up with National Customer Relations 800-549-4505. They couldn't help, so they directed me to Sears Credit Card Department 888-620-2309. They said that I had to take it up with HSBC Bank, which is the same place as Sears Solutions Master Card. 800-567-1196. So, I was back in full circle.
The operator at HSBC was getting really annoyed with me, saying it was my fault for signing the little electronic box, that says I agreed to paying the $59 annual fee. However, the cashier did not indicate to me that I was signing a credit card fee approval. I thought I was signing for the purchase!
Anyhow, I requested cancellation of the card and filed a complaint over the phone, at HSBC.
I'm sending this message as a record of complaint, that if Sears customer service personnel makes credit card offers, that they MUST make it clear to the customer that the card is affiliated with a bank, and that there may be fees applied by the bank, through credit approval. Customers MUST also be made aware of when they sign the electronic box, that it is for credit approval, and not item purchase.
Hopefully, this will save a lot of future hassle for Sears, there customers, and the credit card companies.
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More Sears reviews
- very mad
- Dryer Not Delivered as promised
- Sears Appliance delivery (DRYER)
- Delivery keeps getting pushed out until I cancel
- Double Oven
- Sears broken oven upon delivery
- The worst service ever
- This was a half box to replace a gift order
- Sears Garage Doors Middletown NY
- Sears repair service for broken washing maching
- defective washing machine
- Sear repair issue with my lawnmower
- would like to order more!!!
- Sears Repair service
- Getting Sears Kenmore Washer and Dryer repaired on Sears Protection Plan
- legal zoom hidden fees very deceptive
- Hidden Fees
- Monthly Fees much higher than others
- hidden fees paying
- hidden charges
- Melt It off - RIP OFF!!!
- Sears rewards points program and mastercard fees
- No hassle No hidden fees
- Hidden fees
- Franklin, MA
- Sears Mastercard SCAM
- SEARS SCREWS OVER CUSTOMER
- USbank.com overdrafts.
- Shipping vs My Time Is Valuable.
- False price matching/liars
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you
4015 Capitola Road
Santa Cruz, California 95062-2049
Phone: (831) 462-8600